Play Dough fun!

Ack! Ever have one of those moments where your fingers respond faster than your brain? That was me tonight I deleted a whole bunch of amazing pics of Aidan and 2 videos as well! Sigh I was so looking forward to blogging about them. I can still describe the but it's not the same without the pics and video :(

Today we made our own playdough- best recipe to date. I think this will be my go-to recipe until I find a new one to try.
Ingredients:
1Cup Flour
1 Cup Water
1/4 Cups Salt
2 tsp Cream of tartar
1Tbsp Vegetable oil
1 package of Kool aid or food colouring- we added sparkles last time and that was a fun addition!

 Mix everything together in a big pot (I recommend a wooden spoon as it seemed to work much better than the plastic one). Once it is smooth (or close to it) put burner on medium and stir. Keep stirring until your dough forms a nice ball. This part seems to very for me every time but if I under cook it and it's still sticky I just add flour when I knead the dough (next step). Next knead the dough (great directions hey?) just give it a few minutes to cool off otherwise it can become a little uncomfortable.


So we some green dough because it was the only none red Kool Aid I was able to find anywhere! And Aidan wanted to play with it right away so I put half the batch in a re-usable container for later use and let him get to work. He was also playing with his trucks- driving them trough it making tracks. I usually don't restrict what her can add to play dough play as he is usually very clean and thoughtful about this process.

Yay the next day we played the same game and I didn't delete the pictures!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here we go...

Such a long week

Risks